POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Changing default Save as folder : Changing default Save as folder Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Changing default Save as folder
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 May 1999 02:04:23
Message: <373668A3.EBB841A8@aol.com>
In the spirit of Lewis' question about changing the output folder I have
my own, similar question, and there may not be a answer.
I'm annoyed with a File/Save as... defaulting to C:\Windows (I couldn't be
alone in this, right?). If a new file is started in the editor and then
the Save button clicked or File/Save as... chosen then the first place it
goes to is there and I have to navigate back out and into the C:\Program
Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\Scene folder if I want to keep the file
there.
I tried changing a registry entry once which seemed the appropriate place
to change this (it was a path stating C:\Windows within the POV-Ray
hierarchy) however no go. Any ideas you smart Windows users?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe